Suggested Schedule for the Level 1 Books:
For level 1 books,
- Day one incorporates reading, oral narration, and written summation.
- Day two involves copywork and optional grammar study.
- Day three involves copywork (or dictation) and optional grammar study.
- Day 4 includes reading, oral narration, and optional grammar study.
- Day 5 includes copywork (or dictation) and optional grammar study.
The Table of Contents serves as a timeline so that parents may co-ordinate the writing selection with the student’s history studies.
Sample Interior Pages
The level 1 books contain reading selections that range from a 1st to 3rd grade reading level. Selections include historical narratives, time period poetry, and cultural tales.
Students read or listen to their instructor read the narrative. Immediately following, students orally narrate back to their instructor what they have just read.
The following copywork models require varying levels of skill.
When students are ready, they may be introduced to studied dictation. Either of the copywork models provides excellent models for dictation.